Cambodia Travel Advice 2022: Things to know before traveling to Cambodia
In 2021, Cambodia officially reopened international tourism with the program "vaccine tourism". Going further, 17 March 2022, Cambodia decided to the regulation on covid testing for foreign tourists. This decision was made when the vaccination rate in Cambodia reached over 92%. In addition, the Visa On Arrival program is scheduled to resume. These change efforts show that signs of tourism recovery in Cambodia are not slowing down. The following article will help you get more detailed information about the requirements when entering Cambodia.
Table of content:
1. Entry Requirements
2. Visa Requirements
3.International flight routes
4. See and Do in Laos
5. About trusted DMC
1. Entry Requirements
On March 17, Cambodia made new modifications in their policy for international tourists. By relaxing the rules, Cambodia promises to create comfort for foreigner tourists and welcome a large number of tourists this year. Below are the requirements for foreign traveler to Cambodia:
Pre - arrival:
- Tourists are now allowed to enter for non-essential purposes, including leisure and tourism
- Travelers with a certificate of fully Covid-19 vaccination (issued 14 days before arrival) will not need to undergo PCR testing, but they are encouraged to take a Rapid Antigen Test themselves before departure.
- Non- vaccinated children under 12 years old will be exempt from quarantine.
- For non- vaccinated children over 12 years old due to health problems, they can be exempted from quarantine if they have complete documents about their health conditions. Otherwise, the child will undergo a 14-day quarantine.
- Tourists are encouraged to purchase insurance covering COVID-19 treatment with a minimum coverage of USD 50,000 (health insurance policy issued by FORTE)
- travelers are required to have a travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment with a minimum liability of $10 000
- Upon arrival in Cambodia, fully vaccinated travelers won’t undergo PCR test or Rapid Antigen Test.
- Partial-vaccinated or unvaccinated travelers are still required to have a 14-day quarantine at a designated facility.
To ensure the health of tourists, the following anti-epidemic safety rules are recommended:
- Keep distance to stay safe, avoid close contact, đặc biệt trong nhà hàng
- Regularly sanitize hands.
- Keep distance to stay safe, avoid close contact.
2. Visa requirements
From 17 march 2022, the Cambodian government has reinstated the Visa On Arrival
for all travelers by air, land and sea once they meet the same immigration requirements as before the pandemic. Besides, travelers can apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online (E-visa
Visa requirements: Passport with more than six months validity, two (2) recent passport size photos in digital format (JPEG or PNG format), valid credit card (Visa/MasterCard).
Both types of Visa are valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.
Cambodia's visa policy only exempts visas for the following nationalities:
||Term of residence
3. International flight routes to Cambodia
Cambodia is now open to international tourism. International tourists can travel after the visa is approved. There is no rule specific to which country is not allowed to travel in Cambodia.
4. See and Do in Cambodia
Cambodia always carries with it mysterious stories. This land has the pristine beauty of architectural ensembles, the splendor and magnificence of royal buildings, as well as the tranquility and peace of the islands,....
The symbolic beauty of Cambodia is present through a smile - a Khmer smile. On the walls of the architecture and temple complex, the eyes and thick lips that are slightly smiling are always the highlights. All of them diffuse an aura of peace, tranquility and create harmoniously the serenity, warmth, and tolerance…
Angkor Thom - Source: Collective
Referring to Cambodia, we cannot fail to mention Angkor Wat - a mysterious architectural complex. Every stone, every statue, every tree root relate to hiding stories about this ancient city along the jungle. The Angkor complex consists of four major works, namely Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon temple and Ta Prohm.
Besides, if you are a nature lover, Koh Rong Island – a sea paradise on earth will be the perfect destination for you. The main theme of this island is the combination of peace and tranquility, the beaches with clear blue water, the wooden boats reaching out to the sea. Travelers will feel relaxed with the sounds of nature and get away from the hustle and bustle of work and traffic that almost no other tourist destination in Cambodia has.
Koh Rong Island - Source: Phuotvivu
With Cambodian cuisine, spices are the "soul" of the dish. This is an extremely important part that makes the flavor of Cambodian dishes. The Cambodian way of mixing can be considered to reach an artistic level. You should try to enjoy dishes like: Fish Amok, Red Curry, Black Pepper Fried Crab, Stir-fried Red Ant with Beef, Nom Banh Chok... to have a wonderful trip.
Fish Amok - Source: Dulichvietnam
5. About Trusted DMC
With more than 10 years of experience in tourism, Trusted DMC – Mr Linh's Adventures is a trusted partner in Asia for tourism businesses around the world. We focus on organizing high quality tours (adventure tours, classic tours and luxury tours) in Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia. To satisfy customer's expectations, we offer perfectly customized itineraries and will meet any special requirements they may have. Join us in bringing to travelers memorable and safe trips in Southeast Asia as well as sharing ideas on new products and projects.